See more details here.
The holidays are supposed to be a magical time…a time for friends, family, good food, laughter.
Often times we end up overfed, overstressed, and exhausted by the season in general.
How many people do you know that when you ask, “How are you doing?” during the holiday season reply with a grimace, “Ugh, I am so stressed out!”
Yikes! That’s not the way it’s supposed to be.
While the reality may not be as magical as a fairy tale, the holidays can be fantastic, which is why Dr. Tami and I bring you these holiday tips to help you manage hormones, stress, and nutrition this holiday season.
Listen to the podcast and get all the tips here: RNL + Dr. Tami Holiday Podcast
Now onto your bonus recipe!!
Low-Sugar Chia Cranberry Sauce
Makes 2 cups / 6 servings
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1½ cups fresh apple juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the cranberries, apple juice and coconut sugar over moderate heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the cranberries have burst, and the liquid has reduced by about half – approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chia seeds and orange zest. Mix very well to distribute the seeds.
- Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring the chia seeds to incorporate every 10 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to fully chill.
- Serve cold. Refrigerated Chia Cranberry Sauce will last for up to one week.
Recipe source and photo: Beaming
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.