See more details here.
It seems like there’s always a holiday or occasion that requires party food. Fill up, please the crowd and keep your waistline in check with these party dips you’ll love for any occasion.
Healthy Dips You’ll Love for Any Party
Sundried Tomato and Kale Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 T tahini
- 1/2 tsp high-quality salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes (about 5)
- 1 small Head Kale, de-veined and steamed
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh herbs (Optional, I used oregano)
- Rinse chickpeas and place into food processor. Add salt, tahini, water, oil and blend until very smooth.
- Remove and discard tough stems from kale. Steam until tender and bright green, shock under cool water, and then squeeze as much water out as possible. Place in kale processor with sundried tomatoes. I have used raw kale and just blend a bit longer.
- Place in kale processor with sundried tomatoes. I have used raw kale and just blend a bit longer.
- Gently pulse until ingredients are well combined, but you can still see chunks of kale and tomatoes. Serve immediately or refrigerate. This is wonderful on top of grilled bread as a snack or meal!
Spicy Black Bean Dip
- 1 -15 ounce can black beans
- 1 -14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 fistful fresh cilantro
- 2 T lime juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ½-1 tsp chili powder
- Options: 1/3 cup red onion, 1 small jalapeno, coriander
- Blend all ingredients to desired consistency and serve!
- I love this wrapped in a tortilla with greens for lunch or as a quick dip when I have hungry guests.
- I recommend using as many organic ingredients as possible for optimal taste and nutrition.
- I recommend Muir Glen fire roasted organic tomatoes. They have great flavor and are in a BPA free can.
- I recommend Eden Organic beans be used in these recipes. They are soaked, cooked in kombu and also come in a BPA free can.
CLICK HERE to Pin these Recipes:
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.