See more details here.
Avoiding dairy but miss butter?
Here are 10 reasons to <3 ghee
What is Ghee?
Ghee is often called clarified unsalted butter and is made when the butter is heated and the milk proteins are removed. It’s a revered Indian food and used in many Ayurvedic remedies and recipes.
Top 10 Reasons to Love Ghee
- It has a high smoke point and is ideal in stir fries.
- It’s rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, E, D- good for hormones and metabolism.
- It’s safe for folks avoiding lactose or casein.
- It contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) shown to be anti-inflammatory reducing tumors, cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
- It contains butyric acid an essential fatty acid which promotes detox, colon health and is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- It tastes even more buttery than butter. It’s the butta of the Gods! And a little goes a long way (this is true in cooking as well).
- It contains K2 needed to utilize calcium and make strong bones (teeth, hair, & nails too!)
- It supports weight loss- the medium chain fatty acids (like coconut oil) burn fat and remove toxins.
- It stimulates gastric acid to aid in digestion.
- It reduces inflammation and alkalizes the system.
This is our favorite brand:
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post:
Sources: Goodness of Ghee
Sharma H, Zhang X, Dwivedi C. The effect of ghee (clarified butter) on serum lipid levels and microsomal lipid peroxidation. Ayu. 2010;31(2):134-140. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.72361.
Growth and lipid metabolism responses in rats fed different dietary fat sources.
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive montetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.