See more details here.
Everyone’s favorite summertime remedy with aloe vera is using it topically after being in the sun. But, did you know that aloe vera can heal a variety of other ailments as well?
Here are some ways to use your aloe and keep the medicine cabinet closed!!
7 Aloe Vera Remedies
1. Aloe vera is wonderful for stretch marks. Simply rub on affected areas twice a day and watch lines diminish.
2. It works wonders for skin pigmentation. If you have “age spots,” “liver spots,” or heavy freckles, simply dab fresh gel on affected area both morning and night and the spots will lighten over time.
3. It works miracles on healing the gut. Maybe you’ve heard of leaky gut syndrome or had some digestive trouble yourself due to overdoing the hot and spicy foods (or multiple rounds of antibiotics). Well, aloe vera will heal the lining of the gut in about six weeks. Simply scrape the gel out of a leaf until you’ve got about two tablespoons. Throw into your blender with a bit of water and drink twice each day on an empty stomach. After six weeks take a break. Additionally, ulcers, Crohn’s, Celiac, and IBS can all potentially be cured through regular aloe vera use.
4. Aloe is great for your immune system! Aloe’s polysaccharides fight viral, Nano bacteria, and fungal infections. It supports both the liver and spleen. Studies show that it may additionally increase longevity by 10%!!
5. Using aloe topically is well-known to ease inflammation of joints, reducing arthritis pain. But aloe can also be used internally, reducing inflammation throughout the body from the inside out. People who drink aloe vera for two weeks typically begin to experience a significant reduction of inflammation symptoms.
6. It treats acid reflux, which is not a disease, by the way. Drug companies like us to think that, but simply drinking aloe vera gel for a few days will take care of the pesky acid reflux problem!
7. Aloe vera works miracles on the skin and is often used in many high-end skin products. It kills acne and heals scars through the encouragement of skin regeneration. It’s also an amazing eye cream! For maximum benefits, use externally as well as drinking for internal benefits.
General Health Elixir
- Large glass of filtered water
- 1 to 4 oz of organic, raw aloe vera juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pour the aloe vera juice and lemon juice into the glass of water and enjoy!
"Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association." The Effect of Acemannan Immunostimulant in Combination with Surgery and Radiation Therapy on Spontaneous Canine and Feline Fibrosarcomas. N.p., 1 Sept. 1995. Web. 01 July 2013.
“Pubmed.gov, British Journal of General Practice. 1999 Oct; 49(447):823-8. "Aloe vera: a systematic review of its clinical effectiveness." Vogler BK, and Ernst E.”
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.