Clean beauty is all the rage these days and you can find more and more safe brands at stores as mainstream as Target! Beautycounter at Target was a fun limited partnership that got people hooked on this safer brand. In this post, I’ll tell you exactly how to get your hands on these safer products. Continue reading “Beautycounter at Target”
Last week, I taught you all about why phthalates are so dangerous. This week, I want to follow that post up with some very practical tips you can use to keep your family safe by teaching you how to avoid phthalates… Continue reading “How to Avoid Phthalates”
Are you concerned about phthalates? Learn why phthalates are so dangerous and how they can pose a danger to you and your family. Continue reading “Why Are Phthalates SO Dangerous?”
Last week, I brought you elderberry health benefits and uses and showed you how to make your own elderberry syrup. When I began researching elderberries, one exciting benefit I found was its skin benefits. I am such a sucker for anything beauty related, so of course, I had to play around with elderberries in my beauty routine. Read on for two new DIY Beauty-Boosting Elderberry Recipes… Continue reading “DIY Beauty-Boosting Elderberry Recipes”
For the Love of All That is Healthy
- Butcher Box Subscription – Pasture-raised meat delivered to your door! 100% grass-fed and grass finished, antibiotic and hormone-free, and NEVER raised on a factory farm. Get $10 off your first order + free bacon. Grab a box here.
- Thrive Market Membership – Access to organic groceries at a discount! New members get 25% off your first order, plus a 30-day trial and + free shipping for a limited time when you sign up here.
- Perfect Supplements – All of my favorite supplements in one place. This company is the only company that I have found who carries all of our favorites, at the lowest prices around! Use code “RNL15” at checkout to save an extra 15% sitewide. Available here.
- Young Living Starter Set – I love Young Living Essential Oils. They have elevated my families wellness and helped so much with my EBV. I use them daily. The Premium Starter Kit is an incredible deal! Get yours here.
For The Love of Food
- Vitamix Blender – I use my Vitamix Blender every day for green smoothies and bulletproof mochas! I have this one because it fits on my counter top and under the cabinets with no issue. Available here.
- GreenPan Cookware – Safer non-stick pans great for cooking stuff that sticks all the time. Available here.
- Instant Pot– Because who has the time?! Available here.
For The Movers and Shakers
- Defender Shield Headphones – Go hands-free and reduce exposure to EMFs! Available here.
- Non-toxic Yoga Mat – If you are doing yoga, then you know it involves a lot of deep breathing. Do not breathe in toxic fumes from traditional yoga mats, buy a non-toxic yoga mat for a totally zen experience. Available here.
- Pitangafit Active Wear – Premium eco-friendly active wear for fitness or everyday life at great prices. These are the cutest most comfortable yoga pants I’ve worn. 10% off with discount code “YVA10”Available here.
For The Babies (& New Parents!)
- Belly Armor Belly Blanket – Shield your baby from radiation exposure! I plan to use this when I’m pregnant with baby #2 and feel better when I lay my baby down with it. Available here.
- Green Toys – Makes safe, eco-friendly toys from recycled material right here in the US. Priced similar to toxic brands you’d find at your local toy chain. Available here.
- Beautycounter Diaper Bag – With safe baby products. These are the only products I used on my baby. After the baby was a couple months old this became the best computer bag ever. Get the set here.
For the Beauty Junkie
- Beautycounter – My go-to brand for safe skin care and their holiday collections are so beautiful! Available here.
- 100PercentPure Nail Polish – Safe, long-lasting polish. This is also the makeup brand I would use if I had a teen. It’s inexpensive and safe. I don’t find the performance (outside of nail polish) as high as Beautycounter, but it’s such a great option! Available here.
- Home Microdermabrasion – This has been my safe, natural go-to for graceful aging and getting my hyper-pigmentation under control. My clients love it for acne as well. Available here.
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed on this site.
21-Day Sugar Detox, 21-Days without this, that, and the other, 21 Day Challenges are nothing new, and most of them seem to be about taking something away. Today, I’m excited to bring you a challenge that is about giving something BACK: time. Time for yourself to do something fun. Continue reading “The 21 Days of Beauty Challenge + Giveaway!”
Fall is officially here and you can’t go anywhere without seeing pumpkin flavored everything. I’m guessing there’s a strong chance you’ve got some leftover pumpkin puree or you’ve stocked up on canned pumpkin from making goodies like paleo pumpkin spiced muffins, healthy pumpkin spiced lattes or pumpkin spiced smoothies. That with some other kitchen staples is all you need for this easy brightening DIY Pumpkin Face Mask… Continue reading “DIY Pumpkin Face Mask”
The change of any season can definitely affect my sensitive skin. One of my favorite things to keep at my desk or in the car is a DIY hydrating face mist. It’s something I can use to set my makeup and refresh my skin throughout the day. Continue reading “DIY Hydrating Face Mist”
Have you ever heard of activated charcoal? Chances are you have. This Black Magic, as it is nicknamed, dates back to 1500 BC and came to fame for treating poisonings. This is only one reason it’s the ideal addition to your natural medicine cabinet. I’m excited to teach you How to Use Activated Charcoal… Continue reading “How to Use Activated Charcoal”
Summertime calls for sippin! Last week, I introduced y’all to my friend Ginny, over at GeorgiaPeachy.com . She wrote an open letter to Justice after asbestos was found in children’s makeup (yes, seriously!) Ginny was nice enough to host a Beautycounter social for me back in May and served up these tasty cocktails. They are perfect for summer and I served them at baby’s 1st birthday last Sunday. Read on and grab the Hibiscus Tea Martini Recipe… Continue reading “Hibiscus Tea Martini Recipe”