See more details here.
So here’s the thing… I’m really not your typical potato eater, but there comes this time each summer when my CSA box is crammed full of fresh organic potatoes. I’m not one to waste and they taste SO good.
This recipe is just in time for the holiday. It’s easy to make, delicious, and you’ll be giving Aunt Millie a run for her money when you bring this recipe to the family BBQ! No more cold mayonnaise-laden potato salad for you, my friend.
High Raw Potato Salad
Serves: 3 or 4 people
Potato Salad Recipe:
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- Add potatoes to a pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, turn down the heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Cut each in half and throw in a bowl with the other salad ingredients.
- Set aside.
Raw Vegan Mayo Recipe:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Water, as needed
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding water or other liquid as needed and adjusting to your taste.
- Toss the mayo with the potato salad until evenly coated and sprinkle with Celtic salt and pepper if desired.
Photo and Recipe: One Green Planet
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.