See more details here.
Yesterday at the gym I noticed a gal behind me who during the entire fitness class was on her phone texting and on Facebook. It got me thinking about how precious our time for physical activity is. This time is likely the only time we have each day for ourselves. A time to breathe, clear our minds, relieve stress and renew focus. This time is truly a precious gift in the world we live in, but how can we make the most of it?
1. Schedule it into your day just like any other appointment and treat it as so by following through.
2. During exercise, no reading, no cell phones, or other distractions allowed! The world can live without for for 30-90 minutes, I promise!!!
3. Breathe deeply and clear your mind. Again, this is your time so let the stress melt away.
4. Pick a pretty setting (park, beach, gym with a view, etc) or grab a friend! Anything to keep you accountable and make exercise more fun.
5. Most importantly, pick a workout you like. Dance, walk, zumba,yoga, whatever….make it fun. Don’t drag yourself to a workout you hate. Life is way too short for that kind of torture!!
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.