See more details here.
I’m a happy thirty something, married, blessed by family, great friends, and work that is full of passion, but you know what, I’m boring. I mean really, really boring. And you know what? I think you may be too.
But before you start to fret, let me say we are all boring from time to time. I think it’s important we realize it and do something about it. I’m not talking about robbing a bank or anything. What I am talking about is creating passion, zest, and fun in your present situation. It’s guaranteed to give you a laugh or at least a smile, fill you will love, and remind you why you’re here. So exactly how do you create this fabulousness in your life? Well here are a couple of suggestions:
* Get a fun new haircut or outfit
* Take up a hobby you’ve always wanted to, with no excuses.
* Make love somewhere your Mother would never approve of.
* Order out or carry in dinner (whichever you never do) light candles, play music, get dressed up or down…..it’s all about escaping your norm.
* Let the kiddos set up a tent in the living room and camp out with them.
* Skip movie night and go dancing, have a drink, and cab it home.
* Do a different workout. Try yoga, a dance class, or walk and talk with a friend.
* Have dessert for dinner and don’t feel bad!
* Write a love letter…to your partner, child, Mom, Dad, sister, brother, best friend.
* Play Hooky….stay in bed, refresh and forgo responsibility. The world will still turn without you for one day!
* Let the kid’s plan a day or weekend, go with it, release control, and really have fun. Allow yourself be a kid too.
* Make cookies for the neighbors, hand deliver them, and make some time to talk and get to know each other.
* Sing, dance, roll around, wrestle, laugh, and play with your partner and/or family.
Be creative. Enjoy the present. You have a beautiful life. Have a little fun and remind yourself of it from time to time. It’s a sure fire way to never be boring again.
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.