See more details here.
You know when you make pancakes you always have that first sacrificial pancake? The one that either gets burned to a crisp or is white and raw in the middle? This recipe makes perfect fluffy grain-free pancakes every single time.
There are a few tricks that can help: if you’re using a skillet, make sure you have even heat. Let your pan heat up while you make the batter; an easy way to test if your pan is ready is by flicking a tiny bit of water onto the pan. If it’s hot and ready to go, the water will sizzle immediately.
Don’t over mix your batter! Stir your batter until the dry and wet ingredients are just incorporated. That means mixing until the flour streaks have disappeared but leaving the pesky lumps. If you over mix, you will end up with chewy pancakes instead of fluffy ones!
Another tip for perfect pancakes is to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour your batter. This way you get happy, uniform, fluffy pancakes. When I add the batter to the griddle, I start from the center and gently pour in a circular motion to help the batter spread into a nice round circle.
Last but not least, don’t forget (I remind you in the notes) to add Mr. RNL’s fluffy pancake ingredient. When Blake and I got married, he taught me two things when making pancakes. Never, and I mean NEVER, smash your pancakes down with the spatula. Have you seen this? Bad. You’ll get flat, chewy pancakes every time.
The next thing he taught me was his secret ingredient, which he even adds to box mixes and it works! Simply add a few tablespoons of yogurt, coconut cream, or thick coconut milk to the batter. I say always add some vanilla! You’ll have fluffy, tasty pancakes every. single. time.
Ok now for your recipe….
Fluffy Grain-Free Pancakes
- 3 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (like this)
- 1/4 blanched almond flour (like this)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 T coconut cream, full-fat yogurt or canned coconut milk (see notes)
- A sprinkle of salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Add cassava flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cook in butter or coconut oil in griddle or pan over medium heat.
- Top with butter, berries and/or syrup and enjoy!
1. If using canned coconut milk, it’s best if the can has been in the fridge overnight (like this easy whipped cream recipe from awhile back). Don’t skip this step. It’s my husbands secret trick to fluffy pancakes!
2. These cook way faster than most pancakes. If you’re used to waiting several minutes for bubbles in your batter and then flipping, think about half the ‘normal’ time before you flip and bubbles will not be present.
3. These make great small pancakes if you use batter about 1/4 cup at a time. My husband likes big pancakes and fills up the pan. One of my favorite things about this recipe is either way works and is delicious.
CLICK HERE to Pin this Recipe:
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed on this site.
16 thoughts on “Fluffy Grain-Free Pancakes”
Oh yum! I love fluffy pancakes, these would be a hit with my family.
Yum! We have pancakes or waffles every Sunday – we’ll have to give these a try next time!
I hope you guys love them Renee!
Making these on Sunday! I have all the ingredients. They look beautiful, looking forward to it!
I hope you enjoy them Jo! Thank you!
Look how tasty and fluffy those look! <3
Thanks for stopping by Tina!
I love grain-free pancakes, but not when they are too egg-ey. These look perfect!
I couldn’t agree more! Thanks for stopping by Holley 🙂
Heck yes! Love yogurt in pancake batter! Makes them taste like buttermilk! These look perfect!
Mmmmm buttermilk 😉 Yes, it works like a charm!
These pancakes look so fluffy and delicious ! Hmm…I can’t wait to make them !
Enjoy ChihYu! Thanks for stopping by!
Saving this for the weekend. Looks sooo yummy and wonderful!
Enjoy Jean! Thank you for stopping by!