I have a love/hate relationship with sugar! I love how it tastes, but hate that it is so harmful to my health.
I had been making healthy lifestyle adjustments for a couple of years before I was really able to give sugar the boot! Sugar was the hardest thing for me to stop consuming in my new healthy lifestyle. I already knew that it was making me tired and triggered my migraines, but for some reason, I couldn’t stop craving it! It was so frustrating. Can you relate? Continue reading “The 4 Best Tips to Beat Your Sugar Cravings for Good!”
I am so excited to introduce you to one of my favorite healing modalities. I had a very special guest join me to teach you How to use EFT/Energy work to detox emotions and achieve your best health… Continue reading “How EFT (a form of energy healing) Helps to Detox Emotions & Achieve Your Best Health”
Kombucha is one of my favorite immune-boosting, gut healing drinks. It’s so easy to make at home and so much cheaper. The list of uses and benefits goes on and on. If you’re looking for a great way to replace soda, boost immunity, and ditch the afternoon coffee habit, look no further! Read on and learn How to make kombucha at home + Elderberry Kombucha Recipe… Continue reading “How to Make Kombucha at Home + Elderberry Kombucha Recipe”
Last week, I brought you the health benefits of elderberry. This week, as promised, I wanted to bring you the first simple DIY elderberry recipe to save you money and boost your health and wellness. Read on and learn how to make and use elderberry syrup at home… Continue reading “How to Make and Use Elderberry Syrup”
Cold and flu season has officially arrived. It’s the time of the year where it seems everyone is sick. I’m definitely still recommending my top tips to recover from a cold quickly, but this year, my family has been using something new and different that I think you’ll love. Read on to learn about elderberry benefits in this 3-part DIY health-boosting series… Continue reading “Elderberry Benefits & Immune-Boosting Recipes”
For the Love of All That is Healthy
- Butcher Box Subscription – Pasture-raised meat delivered to your door! 100% grass-fed and grass finished, antibiotic and hormone-free, and NEVER raised on a factory farm. Get $10 off your first order + free bacon. Grab a box here.
- Thrive Market Membership – Access to organic groceries at a discount! New members get 25% off your first order, plus a 30-day trial and + free shipping for a limited time when you sign up here.
- Perfect Supplements – All of my favorite supplements in one place. This company is the only company that I have found who carries all of our favorites, at the lowest prices around! Use code “RNL15” at checkout to save an extra 15% sitewide. Available here.
- Young Living Starter Set – I love Young Living Essential Oils. They have elevated my families wellness and helped so much with my EBV. I use them daily. The Premium Starter Kit is an incredible deal! Get yours here.
For The Love of Food
- Vitamix Blender – I use my Vitamix Blender every day for green smoothies and bulletproof mochas! I have this one because it fits on my counter top and under the cabinets with no issue. Available here.
- GreenPan Cookware – Safer non-stick pans great for cooking stuff that sticks all the time. Available here.
- Instant Pot– Because who has the time?! Available here.
For The Movers and Shakers
- Defender Shield Headphones – Go hands-free and reduce exposure to EMFs! Available here.
- Non-toxic Yoga Mat – If you are doing yoga, then you know it involves a lot of deep breathing. Do not breathe in toxic fumes from traditional yoga mats, buy a non-toxic yoga mat for a totally zen experience. Available here.
- Pitangafit Active Wear – Premium eco-friendly active wear for fitness or everyday life at great prices. These are the cutest most comfortable yoga pants I’ve worn. 10% off with discount code “YVA10”Available here.
For The Babies (& New Parents!)
- Belly Armor Belly Blanket – Shield your baby from radiation exposure! I plan to use this when I’m pregnant with baby #2 and feel better when I lay my baby down with it. Available here.
- Green Toys – Makes safe, eco-friendly toys from recycled material right here in the US. Priced similar to toxic brands you’d find at your local toy chain. Available here.
- Beautycounter Diaper Bag – With safe baby products. These are the only products I used on my baby. After the baby was a couple months old this became the best computer bag ever. Get the set here.
For the Beauty Junkie
- Beautycounter – My go-to brand for safe skin care and their holiday collections are so beautiful! Available here.
- 100PercentPure Nail Polish – Safe, long-lasting polish. This is also the makeup brand I would use if I had a teen. It’s inexpensive and safe. I don’t find the performance (outside of nail polish) as high as Beautycounter, but it’s such a great option! Available here.
- Home Microdermabrasion – This has been my safe, natural go-to for graceful aging and getting my hyper-pigmentation under control. My clients love it for acne as well. Available here.
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed on this site.
I’m so excited for Thanksgiving! And I’m thankful for this delicious guest post from my sweet friend Nancy over at Approaching Paleo. We met over on Insta and let me tell you, her page is full of drool-worthy deliciousness. She’s one of those genuinely sweet yet inspiring bloggers you just have to follow and love. Today, she’s sharing her Paleo Sweet Potato Rounds Recipe just in time for the holidays… Continue reading “Paleo Sweet Potato Rounds”
Gratitude isn’t always easy, but I’ve found it paramount in improving not only my own health but my clients’ health as well! Where do I even begin cultivating an attitude of gratitude and feeling thankful? Continue reading “4 Simple, Quick Ways to Be Thankful This Holiday Season”
You know when you make pancakes you always have that first sacrificial pancake? The one that either gets burned to a crisp or is white and raw in the middle? This recipe makes perfect fluffy grain-free pancakes every single time. Continue reading “Fluffy Grain-Free Pancakes”
Fall is officially here and you can’t go anywhere without seeing pumpkin flavored everything. I’m guessing there’s a strong chance you’ve got some leftover pumpkin puree or you’ve stocked up on canned pumpkin from making goodies like paleo pumpkin spiced muffins, healthy pumpkin spiced lattes or pumpkin spiced smoothies. That with some other kitchen staples is all you need for this easy brightening DIY Pumpkin Face Mask… Continue reading “DIY Pumpkin Face Mask”