See more details here.
Over my years of healing, I’ve noticed that if I can start my day with a veggie-rich, nutrient-dense smoothie, I feel SO much better all day long.
Below is my “go to” smoothie. I challenge you to do at least one add-in AND the veggie challenge!
Berry Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup dairy-free milk or raw milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana (or 1/2 avocado)
- 1 large handful greens of choice (spinach is a good place to start if you’re new to greens in your smoothie)
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp collagen (or 2 Tbsp soaked nuts)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds or hemp seeds
- Blend well and enjoy!!
- Bee pollen (great way to boost immunity and energy while fighting seasonal allergies)
- Ceylon cinnamon (just 1 tsp can keep blood sugar level for 24 hours!)
- Raw cacao nibs
- Maca powder (a great energy-boosting adaptogen which will boost hormones, fertility, and sex drive)
- 1/2-1 tsp Vitamineral Green (energy boost/detox)
Veggie Add-In Challenge:
To add a nutrient boost, add 1 rib of celery and 1/4-1/2 an organic cucumber.
What’s your favorite smoothie garnish or extra??
Mine is cacao powder and/or cacao nibs! I LOVE chocolate and I make my smoothies the night before because I like them super thick and the nibs soften and swell a bit and taste divine!
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.