See more details here.
I can’t believe how fast summer seems to be coming to an end! I always crave detoxifying foods as a season comes to a close. Before I had a baby, I would seasonally detox. Now that I am nursing, I have to be more careful and creative to detox daily. This Detoxifying Cabbage Salad Recipe is the perfect dish to pair with fish tacos, chicken Verde, or eaten alone!
Cabbage is a double duty detox vegetable. It’s a natural diuretic, ridding the body of excess fluids along with toxins. Like other cruciferous veggies, cabbage also contains sulfur which also aids the liver in breaking down toxins.
Lime contains vitamin C and antioxidants, which fight free radicals. It boosts liver activity (glutathione-S-transferase)and digestive juices including bile movement. Lime essential oil boosts immunity and aids in weight loss.
Cilantro helps remove toxins by stimulating bile in the liver. It’s also known as poor man’s chelation, as the selenium content helps remove heavy metals.
Detoxifying Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 1 small head of shredded napa cabbage
- 4 medium carrots shredded
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 avocado (save the other half for garnish)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (After reading this, I only use this brand or the organic Kirkland brand from Costco)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- Option: Add 1 drop lime essential oil. This really kicks up the flavor!
- Blend well in a high-speed blender. You may need to add more water to thin. Toss over salad mix from above and mix well.
- Top with fresh avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro. Sprinkle with sea salt. Red onion slices, cucumbers, and radishes would also be delicious.
- Let salad sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Salad will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Have you cooked with essential oils? Learn more about how to with my free 21-day essential oils course HERE.
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post: