See more details here.
It’s that time of year again~ Valentine’s Day. Some love it, some dread it. For me, the perfect V day is a day at home complete with pampering.
First for some Valentine’s Day DIY beauty fun….
This is definitely the time of year for wintry, cracked and chapped lips, but with our tested, (we didn’t have to twist any arms for volunteers on this one!) plumping lip smoother you’ll be ready for whatever your post-Valentine’s week has in store for you…
All you need is a few ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen. Ready? Let’s make those lips kissable soft!!
DIY Plumping Lip Smoother
What you will need:
- small mixing bowl
- small jar (we love these)
- 1/2 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (whichever type you already have)
- dash of cinnamon (or drop of cinnamon essential oil)
- Assemble all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Once mixed place mixture in a small jar.
- Shelf life 1 year. That’s it!!
So fabulously simple! We love that.
How to use:
Add a small amount your finished Lip Smoother to your lips and gently scrub. (We dare you if you can do this without licking your lips!)
If you have time and willpower feel free to leave the Lip Smoother on your lips for a few minutes. For maximum plumping effect try to leave on for 5 min. Rinse off with warm water and apply your favorite lip conditioner or gloss. We <3 these.
Next, pour yourself a drink…
May we suggest…..
The Blushing Valentine
Makes 2 servings
- Champagne of your choice
- 3-6 Strawberries or raspberries – you can add more if you want 🙂
- 2 ounces natural pomegranate juice
- Add 3 raspberries and 1 ounce of pomegranate juice to each champagne glass.
- Top with your fave bubbly. CHEERS!
Here’s a great time to pop in your favorite romantic DVD or take a relaxing bath.
Last but not least, dessert….
Salted Chocolate Mousse
Makes 4 servings
- Flesh from 3 ripe avocados
- 4 to 5 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup or brown rice syrup if making it completely vegan)
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder )
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse sea salt to serve
- In a food processor (or high-speed blender), combine the avocados, 4 tablespoons of the honey, the cocoa powder, and the spices.
- Process until smooth. Taste the mousse, then adjust with more honey and spices to your liking.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. You can serve the mousse chilled or at room temperature. Leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for a couple of days. May I suggest topping with cacao nibs or easy coconut whipped cream?
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post:
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Real Nutritious Living, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.
8 thoughts on “Chocolate Beauty, Desserts and Drinks You’ll Love for Valentine’s Day!”
Ah these sound so lovely! Chocolate and Champagne…yesssssssssss!! 🙂
LOVE champagne! Thanks Daniela-cheers!
Love the addition of the coarse salt in the chocolate mousse!! Looks SO good and I bet it’s delicious! Here’s to sharing ideas to promote happy days (and nights!)xo
Thanks Carol! It’s so simple, yet celebratory!
I want to make all of these.. especially that limp plumper!
Love that mousse, the cinnamon and the salt!! 🙂 Such a fun post!
I want it all:) But I’ll start with the chocolate mousse!
Haha- good choice!