See more details here.
Summer calls for fresh green beans and this recipe is a perfect meal or side dish and the perfect way to use those green beans and potatoes from your CSA box!
Warm Green Bean and Potato SaladIngredients:
- 1 pound red new potatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small fresh onion of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-4 slices turkey bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablspoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Add green beans to potatoes; return to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; add to dressing and toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and onion. Serve warm and enjoy.
Melissa Schollaert is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Counselor and founder of Real Nutritious Living. Helping others achieve their health goals to attain their healthiest, happiest life is her greatest ambition.